Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday

This morning in my devotionals I was reading 1st John. And it was talking about loving God. And how do we know when others are from God and when they're not. One of the big things that chapter talked about was if anyone can say that Jesus came in the flesh he was from God. If anyone could not say that he was not from God.
( There is a religion that is much talked about these days that does not believe that Jesus came in the flesh)
Another thing that was mentioned in this chapter of 1st John was that if we do not love our brothers and say we love God we are a liar. I remember once as a child when I was frustrated and angry of all my brothers for something they had done and I said to myself I just hate them the one I love is God. That Sunday preacher preached on this part of first John. I knew God was talking to me and I knew that I could not continue in that way of thinking so I decided to forgive my brothers and continue on. So today I'm saying that God has given us a way of knowing whether people are from him or not: do they say that Jesus came in the flesh. If they do then they are from God if they don't then they are not. And also that we are to love our brothers who we have seen, or we cannot love God we have not seen
May God give you a blessed day.

No comments: